Tell me more about this event
The Student Program at the Shop.org Summit is a free event designed to educate college students across the nation on the digital and e-commerce world of the retail industry, and the career opportunities that await them post-graduation. The goal of this all-day program is to have students leave with tangible examples, connections, and insights into a career path within digital retail that many of them never even considered. Students and educators must be registered to attend this event.
What is digital retail, really?
Digital retail is a fast-growing field within the industry that rewards ambitious hard workers – and thinkers. In fact, digital retail businesses grew on average 29% in 2013, and there are jobs in digital retail that didn't exist 10 years ago. These jobs involve digital marketing, branding, and advertising; omnichannel and mobile strategies; website design, usability, and the customer experience. During the Program, students will have the opportunity to hear valuable career advice directly from leading digital retail executives and young professionals. Students will also connect with employers in the retail industry to learn about new and innovative technology jobs available.
Highlights of the 2014 program
Our 2014 program will be held at the Washington State Convention Center. Session highlights include:
• Kick-Off with Jamie Nordstrom, President of Stores, followed by a Q&A session with students
• Networking Career Fair with retail executives and recruiters from top companies. Previous companies include Macy's, Walgreens, Nordstrom, HSN, DICK's Sporting Goods and more
• "Digital Discovery: Cool Jobs in Retail" Panel featuring successful young professionals talking shop on cool retail jobs you never knew existed
• Executive Panel "Digital Deep Dive: An Innovative Leaders Panel Discussion" moderated by HSNi CEO, Mindy Grossman featuring Gilt Groupe Founder and Head of Strategic Alliances, Alexandra Wilkis Wilson, and more to come
• Announcement of the Ray Greenly Scholarship recipients
Watch a short recap of the inaugural Shop.org Student Program last year:
Are you within driving distance of the Shop.org Summit?
We'll pay for your school's transportation! The NRF Foundation is offering one travel scholarship up to $2,500 to any college/university within 150 miles of the Shop.org Summit to cover the cost of bus transportation for schools to attend the Student Program and Career Fair. The travel scholarship is made payable to the school. If your college or university would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact Shaquayla Mims, Coordinator of Student Initiatives, 202-495-7223.